For those planning on receiving the Centra Foundation Scholarship in January 2020 and after, there is a much lower availability of funding available for the scholarship program. As a result, the following criteria will become effective January 2020 and thereafter in order to be eligible to receive the scholarship:
1) Enrolled at least half-time in one of the Centra Nursing Programs
2) FAFSA Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) of $5576 or less
3) GPA Preference (To be Determined)
4) No scholarship will be granted for a class being repeated due to failure
5) Completion of first semester in program
There will be a limited amount of students that will be able to receive this scholarship going forward and scholarship amounts will no longer be fixed in tiers according to your grade level but instead will be determined based on the availability of funding from the Centra Foundation.
The application itself is on Moodle under Student Resources > Financial Aid & Scholarship Info.
In order to apply, you need to submit the following:
1. Completed Application
2. Letter of Recommendation from an instructor
3. One Page Essay on your nursing goals
Reminder: The application deadline for Spring 2020 is January 10th, 2020.
Let me know if you have any questions regarding this.
Financial Aid & Enrollment Manager