This message is for all first semester ADN and LPN students who attended the second orientation day.
I wanted to send out a quick review of the IT information during the second orientation.
SendWord is our emergency alert system for CCON. If you have not already signed up for SendWord, please use the following link and complete the information:
Please only signup for SendWord once, if you need to change your information you can do so by selecting "making a change on a student account" and completing the form. We will send out another test sometime in the coming weeks.
Optional iPad Training Session:
I am offering iPad training to incoming students (all ADN and LPN students are welcome to join) on Wednesday, January 8th in room 191 (in the back hallway of CCON). There are two times you can attend:
You are not required to attend this, it is your choice. Choose the session that works for you and you're free to stop in or leave as you please. I will review the basics of how to use an iPad and assist you with other iPad programs before the start of classes. Also, please bring your iPad. More information on using an iPad at CCON can be found on the Student Resources page under "Student IT Help".
Examplify is an iPad app we use for testing on our iPads. To log into the application, you will need the following items:
1. CH# that was sent to your CentraCollege.edu email from Hillary Yeatts
2. The password you set with Centra's IT department either today or by calling (434)200-4848 and asking them to set the password associated with your CH#. Please be patient with IT since we have many new programs being installed and are launching hospital-wide. If you're not able to get your password set today, please do so before the start of classes.
Once you have those two items, use the following directions to sign into the Examplify app:
1. Ensure that the Examplify app has updated. Do that by going to your App store and selecting "Updates" at the bottom of the screen or by selecting your profile on the App store and reviewing the apps that need updated. You can either see the apps that need updated, or you can refresh the screen by swiping down enough to see a circle spin at the top.
2. Open the Examplify app, accept terms and conditions, and select "Centra College of Nursing" as your institution. Once you do, you will be directed to your web browser and a login screen will appear.
3. This is a different username and password than what you've used before. Your username will be your CH# or CN# with the additional "@centrahealth.com", so for example mine could be "CH12345@centrahealth.com". Once you put in your username, you'll be directed to another login screen, this time with a blue stethoscope.
4. Your password is what you set with our Centra IT Help Desk (434)200-4848. They will assist you with creating and resetting your password. Provide them your CH/CN# and they will ask you the security questions you set up with them.
Note: If you are a Centra Employee, this will be the password used to login to your work email. If the password changes does not work, try your original password and work with 4848 to ensure everything is correctly set.
5. You should then see a green check mark on the screen and it will ask you to close out of the browser. Wait there for a few seconds, then return to the Examplify app. It may still tell you that your credentials are invalid by saying “Authentication Failed”. That's okay, try the process again, ensure you're web browser is not in Incognito mode, and it should let you through. You’ll see a small spinning wheel with the words “Authentication Pending”.
6. You'll know you've successfully signed in by seeing your name at the top of the screen and the middle asks you to refresh your exam list to get your exams. At this time, you don't have any exams, so refreshing the list won't do anything. You're now ready to receive and take exams when it comes time.
If you have any questions on any of these process or would like to schedule an appointment with me, send me an email at email@example.com or call my office number at (434)200-5973.
Best of luck to all of you and have a great semester!