I am writing with an update regarding the COVID-19 (coronavirus). In an effort to optimize the safety of our students, community and campus, the Centra College of Nursing will be exercising an abundance of caution. Effective immediately, the following will be in place;.
· Spring break will be extended one week for students with exceptions of the RN-BSN Program, Nurse Aide Program and preceptorship (leadership clinicals) for N260.
· Classes (lecture and lab) will resume on-line for the ADN and PN beginning on Monday, March 23, 2020.
· All student organizations and gatherings for any other purposes are canceled until further notice.
· Students who have traveled to a (zone 2 or 3) country must contact Health Works and will require self-quarantine and monitoring before returning to class/clinical. They must be instructed NOT to come to the college or work and to contact Health Works by phone (434-200-6939) upon their return home. Link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
· Students (who are Centra employees) that traveled to a (zone 2 or 3) country are required to call Employee Care (formerly Employee Health) for further instruction on possible need for self-quarantine, monitoring and return to college/work guidelines. They are to be instructed NOT to come to the college or work and contact Employee Care by phone (434-200-3082) upon their return home. Link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
· Instructors will post directions for course work in Moodle (be sure to pay attention to assignments, tests, etc.).
Faculty and Staff
· Faculty and staff will be expected to return to work as normal on Monday, March 16, 2020.
· Any faculty and staff who traveled (in or outside of the US) during spring break are required to contact Employee Care (434-200-3082) email@example.com) prior to returning to work
· If faculty become ill, stay home.
· No student related activities will be scheduled at the college at this time.
I will report any updates (including clinical and simulation schedules) in a timely manner through the announcement link for students and through Centra email for faculty and staff. Thank you for your understanding of our need to keep the college and community safe during this challenging time.
Dana M. Grant, DNP, RN, CNE