Site news

Fall 2020 Federal Financial Aid Announcement

Fall 2020 Federal Financial Aid Announcement

by Vivian Carrera -
Number of replies: 0

All Students: 

As many of you have noticed, your Federal Financial Aid award amounts have not yet been posted to the Fall 2020 semester. 

We are currently experiencing some difficulties with our system which has caused delay in our processing of FAFSAs for the 2020-2021 aid year. We are working with our IT department to get the situation sorted as soon as possible so that I may begin reviewing 2020-2021 FAFSAs for the upcoming semester. We apologize for the inconvenience but we will notify you of next steps once we have processed your information. Our Student Accounts & Bursar Manager, Carolyn Jennings, has been made aware of the issue.

Please keep in mind that if you are planning on using Federal Direct Student Loans, you will need to have completed both Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note on www.studentaid.gov if you have not already done so for previous years. If you are not planning on accepting the loans, then you do not need to complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note. You can check on studentaid.gov to see if you have already previously completed these documents. 

If you are planning on using Federal Financial Aid this upcoming semester and have not completed a 2020-2021 FAFSA yet, please log in to studentaid.gov and do so. It is the start of a new aid year and a 2020-2021 FAFSA is required.

Ill post an announcement within a week with updates as to where we are with the system being down. Once, I am able to process your information, I will reach out to you with your award amounts. I cannot provide amounts until your FAFSA has been processed. Please continue to monitor Moodle and your student email for updates.

Thanks, 

Vivian Carrera 

Financial Aid & Enrollment Manager

financialaid@centracollege.edu