Site news

Fall 2020 Federal Financial Aid

Fall 2020 Federal Financial Aid

by Vivian Carrera -
Number of replies: 0

All Students,

We have successfully resolved the system issues that were preventing Fall 2020 Federal Aid packaging and the verification review.

Please make sure to log into the Student Portal to review your awarded federal aid for the Fall 2020 semester. Please note that you are required to log into the student portal to accept your loans before they will be visible on your ledger. Additional guidance was provided on the award notification email. When you are accepting your federal aid, please make sure to select Fall 2020. All future awards are subject to change based on your enrollment and eligibility.

Furthermore, you may have seen award amounts change within the past few days. Unfortunately, most accounts were auto-packaged assuming full-time enrollment and full eligibility. We have since reviewed and adjusted each student’s awards to make sure accounts correctly reflects your current enrollment and that there no further outstanding issues that need to be resolved.

For those of you who are under the Verification/Professional Judgement review, please make sure to send all the requested documents indicated in the review notification email. Once we have received all the documents, we will review your verification and review your federal financial aid eligibility.

For those of you within a consortium agreement, I will re-review your aid once I receive your completed Consortium Agreement Form and an official transcript in a sealed envelope from CVCC showing that you are dual-enrolled. The form can be found on Moodle by clicking the Student Resources link on the left side of the Moodle homepage and following Student Resources > Financial Aid & Scholarship Info > Consortium Agreement.

If you are expecting aid and have not received and email from me with your next steps, please email financialaid@centracollege.edu as soon as possible and I will look into this for you.

Thank you everyone for your patience, understanding, and kindness as we worked to resolve this issue. And as always, please send your questions to financialaid@centracollege.edu and I will be happy to help you!

Thank you,

Vivian Carrera 

Financial Aid & Enrollment Manager

financialaid@centracollege.edu