Site news

Consortium Agreement

Consortium Agreement

by Vivian Carrera -
Number of replies: 0

All Students, 

In an joint effort with CVCC, we are working to promote the consortium agreement contract for our students to better assist in meeting your educational goals. 

If you are currently taking CVCC courses for the Fall 2020 semester along with your Centra College courses and are eligible for federal financial aid, you may want to consider the possibility of entering into a Consortium Agreement for this semester. A consortium agreement would allow me to include your CVCC credits along with your credits here to determine your federal financial aid eligibility. Your CVCC courses need to be a part of your degree plan in order for it to qualify for this agreement. 

Please note this is only applicable if you are already eligible for federal financial aid. This agreement could help you either meet the requirement of half-time enrollment (6 credits) for federal student loans or potentially affect your Federal Pell Grant amount. If you are already full time (12 credits) here at Centra and are receiving the Federal Pell Grant, I will not be able to increase your Pell Grant further as the amount caps at full time enrollment. If you already have loans on your account and were not eligible for the Pell Grant here, the agreement would not change anything for you. 

If you are interested, please log in to Moodle and find the Consortium Agreement form located under Student Resources (link found on top left side of homepage) > Financial Aid > Click the link under Financial Aid with Other Colleges. You will need to print out and sign the form, and send it to CVCC once you complete Section I. Once the form has been filled out both by you and CVCC, you will need to bring the form back to me along with a copy of your course schedule or an unofficial transcript. 

Please note that this is a contract between the student, Centra College, and CVCC to help you get the most out of your federal financial aid. It is your responsibility to turn in your required documents and to ensure the payment arrangements are made with CVCC to maintain eligibility. A new contract would be required each semester you want to participate in the agreement.

Please send your questions and documents to financialaid@centracollege.edu and I will be happy to help you!

Thanks, 

Vivian Carrera

Financial Aid & Enrollment Manager

financialaid@centracollege.edu