Support the Centra College blood drive
Thursday, October 29, 2020,
10:00 am - 3:00 pm, Classroom 159 A & B
There is an urgent need for blood in our area. Student blood donors will receive a $10 Amazon gift card from the SGA and will have a chance to win a $1000.00 Amazon.com gift card from the American Red Cross!
Follow these steps for a successful blood donation:
- Go to www.redcrossblood.org and choose "Give Blood" → "Schedule an Appointment" → Enter zip code 24501. A list of local blood drives will appear. Search for the Centra College blood drive on Thursday, October 29, 2020 and select an available appointment time.
- You can also schedule an appointment by downloading the "Blood Donor" app on your mobile device.
- Walk-ins will be welcome.
- On the day of the blood drive, please complete the RapidPass. RapidPass allows you to start the blood donation process from the comfort of your home and answer health history questions before you arrive at the blood drive location. Access the RapidPass at www.redcrossblood.org.RapidPass
- Eat a good breakfast or lunch, drink plenty of water, and bring a form of picture ID with you to the blood drive.
- If you need help scheduling an appointment, you can call 1-855-210-1278 between 8:30 am - 9:00 pm.
- To volunteer to assist with registration and monitoring of donors, please contact Holly Reynolds (email@example.com) or Cathy Armes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Blood donors outside of Centra College are welcome.
The Blood Drive is sponsored by the Centra Student Government Association and the Centra Student Nurses Association.