Site news

COVID Notification Procedures

COVID Notification Procedures

by Susan Burnette -
Number of replies: 0

Hello,

Welcome to spring semester! Sadly, COVID-19 is on the rise again and I wanted to send a reminder of what to do if you believe you have COVID symptoms or a positive test result.

First of all if you believe you may have symptoms of COVID-19 check the Virginia Department of Health Symptom checker at this website :  https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/content/uploads/sites/182/2020/03/Daily_Monitoring_Log.pdf

If your symptoms are consistent with those on the symptom checker, please contact me (Mrs. Burnette -Student Health Nurse), Dr. Puckett, and Sherrie Cheryba (Sherrie.Cheryba@hw4me.com) our Health Works Liaison from Centra all on one email and include your symptoms. Based upon your symptoms, test results etc. you will be instructed on how to proceed. It is vital you follow these steps or your absences from class/clinical will NOT be excused. Once furloughed you may NOT return to in person class or clinical without clearance from Ms. Cheryba.

Currently , if someone in your household test positive or you have been exposed you do not have to quarantine unless you are exhibiting symptoms.  

Also, if you are going to be absent from class or clinical please make sure that you communicate with EACH faculty member from your courses.

Contact information:

Susan Burnette MSN, RN- BC

Susan.Burnette@CentraCollege.edu

Tags: