Site news

Welcome to the Team Kelly Carmody and Roxanne Dudley-ADN Faculty

Welcome to the Team Kelly Carmody and Roxanne Dudley-ADN Faculty

by Holly Puckett -
Number of replies: 0

Please join me and welcome two new faculty for the ADN program, Kelly Carmody and Roxanne Dudley, who will both be teaching in the 3rd semester for Med-Surg and Psych. We are SO glad that they have joined our team! 

My name is Kelly Carmody. I am married to my husband, Dave, for almost 16 years. We have 3 biological children, Isabelle (14), Landon (8), Beckett (20months). Our kids keep us pretty busy with them playing multiple sports throughout the year.  We are also a foster family. In the last 2.5 years we have had 12 children come and stay with us. We currently have 1 foster daughter. She will be 13 next month. 

We have a small hobby farm that consists of pigs, chickens, goats, and cows. In our free time, we will take our children on a monthly date that has been pre-planned. We enjoy spending time together as a family!!

As far as my career, I have worked for Centra for 22 years. I started out as a phlebotomist and for the last 16 years, I have worked as a nurse. I have worked in the Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, and the Critical Care Resource Team. 

I was a clinical instructor at a local University for 6 years. 

I am so excited to be a part of Centra College and what this school has to offer our nursing students and the community. 

Kelly

Hi!  My name is Roxanne Dudley and I'm so excited to be here at Centra College.  I live in Hurt, Virginia.  I graduated from Danville Regional Medical Center School of Nursing with a nursing diploma in 2003.  Since then, I've worked as a nurse at Centra, primarily in psych and critical care units.  I have a fiancée, a teenage daughter, a kitten, and a tiny dog at home.   In my spare time, I am an avid reader and cook.  I love Harry Potter, Jane Austen, and old rock music.  

r