The following is a letter from Mrs. Graves outlining information for students about a medical mission trip to Haiti during Spring Break 2018
Those with questions or want more information, contact Mrs. Graves at the email listed below.
SPRING BREAK 2018
A medical mission trip to Haiti is in the process of being planned for Spring Break 2018, March 4 – 10. This trip is not sponsored by CCON but is being coordinated by Mrs. Marilyn Graves, CCON faculty. Interested CCON nursing students should contact Mrs. Graves, Marilyn.firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to begin the application process.
The objectives of the trip will be:
• To gain an understanding of healthcare needs in international vulnerable populations, with the expectation that this understanding may be applied within vulnerable populations in the United States.
• To learn about and appreciate another culture while being immersed in that culture.
• To support nursing and healthcare to the host country by offering our services which are deemed appropriate by our local contacts.
1. Four Health Fairs. (600 in Gonaives x 2 and 300 in two other places.) Fairs will include: first aid, a well baby check/ nutritional screening, blood pressure check, diabetic screening, crafts for the children, a Bible story station, a place to pick up a meal, a place for water, etc.
2. 400 backpacks to giveaway (with school supplies in them)
• about $1000 per person (not including air fare) figuring ten people per trip. This includes transportation, (renting a bus) room, board, hotel, program for two health fair
• American Air round trip around 640.00.
For more information, please contact Mrs. Graves at Marilyn.email@example.com.