The videos below walk you through the process of booking a study desk
Students, Faculty, and staff-
Many of us know that we are experiencing a severe blood shortage in our area. The Lynchburg Health Department is hosting a Blood Drive this fall and invited us to participate! Here is the information to register:
I hope you will consider donating!
Dr. Patton, SGA Committee Chair
Students with remaining balances after all other payments and financial aid are applied must complete one of the following actions prior to the August 8 deadline to avoid a $50 late fee, dropped courses, and access to Moodle restricted.
- Pay Remaining Balance in Full
- Submit a Payment Plan Application
All payments can be made through the Student Portal under “My Ledger.” The Centra College Payment Plan Application can be found on the left side of the Moodle Homepage directly below Student Services Office Hours and Contact Info.
For additional information regarding payment plans, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding financial aid, please contact email@example.com.
To help facilitate the requirement for students to purchase their own textbooks starting in Fall 2022, students who are expecting a credit refund from financial aid for the upcoming semester may request an early refund of up to $750 or the amount of available credit on the account, whichever is less, for the purpose of purchasing books and supplies. Students must be in good financial standing to be eligible.
Book Advance Requests for the Fall 2022 semester should be submitted by Sunday, July 31. All requests will be reviewed after the deadline and, if approved, funds will be available within 5-7 business days. Students will be notified by Centra College email when the check is available for pickup at the Centra College front desk.
Please see the Book Advance Request Form in Moodle under Student Resources > Billing/Student Accounts for more information and to submit a request.Carolyn Jennings
Bursar and Student Accounts Manager
Student Accounts Office
- If you have not already completed your 2022-2023 FAFSA and want to be considered for federal aid, please do so right away by visiting https://studentaid.gov/ and using the Centra College FAFSA school code (015347). Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing your financial aid.
- If you are taking co-requisite classes at CVCC for Fall 2022 and would like your CVCC enrollment to count towards your financial aid at Centra College, you will need to complete the Fall 2022 Consortium Agreement with CVCC form. You can find the form on Moodle > Student Resources > Financial Aid & Scholarship Info. You must be enrolled at CVCC before completing the form.
- If you are awarded student loans and would like the loans to be applied to your ledger, you will need to accept your loans on the Student Portal under My Financial Aid. Please allow 24 hours for the accepted loans to show on your ledger.
- The Centra Foundation Scholarship application deadline ended on July 18. Applications are currently under review and award amounts will be applied to eligible applicants prior to the August 8 payment arrangement deadline. Please keep an eye on your Centra College email and account for updates.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2022 charges have been posted to students’ accounts and can be viewed in Student Portal under “My Ledger”. Students must make adequate payment arrangements by August 8, 2022 to avoid a $50 late fee, dropped courses, and access to Moodle restricted. Adequate payment arrangements include:
Having sufficient financial aid on the account to cover the balance,
- Paying the balance in full, or
- Submitting a payment plan application (see “Payment Plans” below).
If your financial aid is not accepted and showing toward your balance, is not sufficient to cover the full balance, or if you plan on paying out of pocket for all or a portion of your balance, you must either apply for a payment plan or pay your balance in full by the August 8, 2022 payment arrangement deadline. Payments can be made through the Student Portal under “My Ledger.”
The Centra College Payment Plan Application can be found on the left side of the Moodle Homepage and under the Billing/Student Accounts section of Student Resources. If a student chooses to apply for a payment plan and is approved, a $25 payment plan fee will be applied to the student’s account for the semester and a Payment Plan Agreement (PPA) will be sent to the student with details regarding the conditions and payment amounts. The student will then be responsible to sign and submit the PPA along with the initial payment. All payments can be made through the Student Portal under “My Ledger.”